Heavy equipment is used every operation will certainly decrease the ability gradually, so that your machine can always provide optimal results it is necessary routine maintenance. The following are the steps to care for your heavy equipment. Hope this article from Electronic And Mechanic is useful for your heavy equipment bussines now and in the future.
1. Preventive Maintenance
The treatment is carried out with the aim to prevent / remove the possibility of disruption / damage to the machine. Preventive Maintenance is done without the need to wait for signs of damage or broken. For this way, preventive maintenance maintenance is divided into three models:
1. Periodic Maintenance
Periodic maintenance is the implementation of the service that should be done after the equipment to work for a certain number of hours of operation. This is the number of hours worked in accordance with the amount indicated by the registrar hours of operation (service meter) that exist on the device. To carry out periodic maintenance, it covers:
a. Periodic Inspection
Examination or inspection before the unit is operated daily and weekly checks, it is to know the lock state machine is safe to operate. In carrying out periodic inspection, especially in the implementation of daily treatment (daily maintenance), can use several tools, among others:
- Check sheet: A form (list) that is used to record the results of operations of each machine in one day operations.
- Daily check: A form (list) as well as the check sheet, the only difference is the size that is pocket size so as operator or service-man will easily record.
b. Periodic maintenance
Treatment machine / unit regularly is very important to ensure trouble-free operation of the damage and extend the life of the unit. Time and money spent to carry out periodic service (regular maintenance) will be compensated by extending the life of the unit and the reduced cost of operation of the unit.
All figures show the number of hours worked in the information listed on the check sheet is based on the numbers you see in the service meter. But in practice highly recommended further facilitate the implementation of care and funny.
In the field of heavy work or operating conditions which means, it is necessary to shorten the treatment time schedule specified in the user guide.
So the regular maintenance is an attempt to prevent the damage done continuously at predetermined intervals based on the implementation of the hour meter (HM).
The new machine must be operated with carefull, especially regarding the following matters:
- After the start, revive engine - about 5 minutes at low speed to heat before operation.
- Avoid running the engine at high engine speed.
- Avoid running or increase the engine speed suddenly, the brakes abruptly and veered off if not needed.
- In the operation of the first 250 hours of work, the oil and the filter element must be replaced entirely with oil and a new filter element and original.
- Remember always to perform maintenance and periodic inspections as indicated in the manual.
- Remember to use the fuel and lubricating oil recommended by the manufacturer.
2. Schedule Overhaul
The type of maintenance performed at intervals in accordance with the standard overhaul done and found against each of the existing components. Schedule overhaul implemented to rebuild the engine or components in order to return to the standard conditions in accordance with the Standard Factory.
The time interval that has been set is influenced by a wide range of conditions such as the operating field conditions, periodic service, operator skill and so on.
Overhaul carried on a scheduled basis without waiting for engine / component fails. Various overhaul:
- Engine overhaul
- Transmission overhaul
- Final drive overhaul
- General overhaul
3. Condition Base Maintenance
The type of treatment that aims to restore the unit to normal (standard), by way of doing service like: PPM, the PPU measurement results adapted to the latest standards (service news and modification program).
Things that need to be considered when carrying out maintenance work are as follows:
- Unless specifically instructed or special, do maintenance work with the engine turned off. When doing work with the state of engine life, work must be done by two people. An operator must sit in the seat and the other operators perform maintenance work. Both must work closely to ensure maximum safety.
- Hang warning signs (tags lock) to prevent others from operating the machine.
- Dispose of oil after the first heated to reach working temperature.
- Before opening the lid / cap radiator, first off pressure in it.
- Avoid opening the lid / cap tank and drain the oil when it is still hot.
- After the oil change, filter element replacement, cleaning, etc., do bleeding (exhaust) air if needed.
- For all the oil fill that uses a wire sieve, avoid opening the filter at the time of filling oil,
- Lubricants / oil should not be more or less than the specified standard. At the time of checking the oil level should show the appropriate size.
- When doing greasing, all the old grease should come out and replaced by the new grease, then wipe the grease that comes out of part digreasing.
- When doing oil changes, do the examination used oil, filters, and magnetic plug of powder / furious.
- When opening the parts that wear o-ring, wash stand, and replace it with a new one.
The things below are general warnings for safety in the implementation of the treatment:
- Use a helmet, safety shoes, gloves. Use goggles if necessary.
- If the maintenance work carried out by more than one person, guiding the job for the sake of the safety and prevent miscommunication.
- Prevent people who are not authorized to approach the unit being inspected.
- Always use spare parts recommended by manufacturer.
- Use oil, grease, coolant, which is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Use lubricant clean condition, good lubricant, place and means for charging process.
- Check or change the oil on a right that is not dusty, to prevent contamination.
Before performing maintenance process note the following:
- Parking units in a flat and hard, then the parking brake switch.
- If the work is done in an enclosed space, consider the air vents.
- Wash the unit in advance, especially that should be considered is the places filling and drain oil.
Hope it is useful! and Thanks for read.